Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7/11

I called in today.
They asked why, and I patiently explained, "It's a religious observance."
"...it is?"
"Yes. I'll be in tomorrow. Catch you later, and enjoy the paperwork."
I mean, really. Who doesn't know that you celebrate the rites of summer on 7/11 with a humongeos slurpee?
If you know the clerk well enough ($20-50 usually fosters a fine acquaintance) you can have vodka added directly to the mix. Pick the right clerk, and they will hang an "out-of-order" sign on the machine, and ensure you all-day fruity alcohol goodness.
So, I am spending the day on my roof with slurpee, wading pool and bikini-clad lab tech.
I tell you, life is good.

7 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger ann said...

move over Mike... sounds bloody marvellous to me

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief, Mike...if you're having a party there I want to go, too!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Well, it *was* going to be pants-optional....

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger ann said...

pants off sounds good... what say you riccie... we're game, but Mike can you handle us ladies of a certain age??????

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I was thinking, hey, no problem if Mike doesn't want to wear pants! I have no problem sitting back and 'observing'...can I get a paper umbrella in my drink?

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh if Mike is having a no-pants party, I am totally there.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

*rolls eyes*
And this is why it sometimes sucks to live in Australia. Look at all the fun I miss out on!
It's winter, here, and I just don't *know* the 7/11 attendants quite that well, yet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home