Friday, June 23, 2006

More Grumbling

I decided that stress makes me tired. I phoned in sick after waking up late, and...I didn't tell you, did I? Right after the last post, the power blew in the building. I hate that. It's not only that it gets loathsomely hot, it's also that I think some really stupid stuff. Like when the computer went blooey, and I sat there in the dark, I thought Oh, well, I'll go watch TV. Wait, power's out. Ok, maybe a DVD. Yes, I can be that dumb when frustrated.
And this is the LAST time I ask Munch to help me clean the place up. He just puts things in bags and stuffs them in the spare room. I tripped over the bazillion bags while looking for the booklight I bought during *last*& summer's outages. For a minute I wondered why I had so much junk, like that second booklight I bought and left in the hallway - and so I ran back out there...but you guessed it. Bagged randomly and stuffed somewhere in the pile.
I can't read comfortably by candlight, even with the large candle that I bought the day before on a total whim...talk about timing, hunh? So I went to a bar, Mona's, if you must know, and drank in the air-conditioning until they closed, then came home and fell asleep on my roof. Ergo, I did not hear the alarm when it didn't go off.
Carolyn called, though. I only mentioned that I'd had a crap day, and I think she did, too. While it sucks that we had a lousy time, it's nice to know she understands grouchiness.

5 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Yeah, I understand grouchiness. Hope things are going better for you.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Oh and by the way, you could've called, I would've let you sleep on my couch.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger ann said...

grumble away as much as you like sweetheart.... well I may not have a spare room, but there are two double beds here both occupied by two beautiful women. Hmmm... Mike you go near my daughter over my dead body.... on 2nd thoughts, I've also got a couch and electricity.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww. I do understand no air conditioning when it's hot and humid outside-courtesy of two hurricanes last year. The 'Little House on the Prairie' thing didn't work so well for me...I went two weeks without electricity. The worst of it? NO INTERNET ACCESS. Now that just about killed me.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger Nomi said...

Don't worry, Mike. We can all be dumb when we get frustrated. It's a common trait of being human.

Oh and by the way, you could've called, I would've let you sleep on my couch.
Carolyn, that's very generous of you, considering what he tends to do to your desk when you're not in the office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home