Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lateness

Sorry I'm late with the post again. This time, I have an even better excuse. I met up with a friend of mine - no one you know - and ended up having a yelling argument with one of their friends. Nice. This is why I dislike large groups. There's always one person there who seems to single me out as the person who's most likely to rise to the bait, and I don't know why, but I do.
I've had minor clashes with this friend-of-a-friend before, and I've tried hard to be cool with them. We don't agree on politics? No, that's ok, but I'll hear you out. Religion? Fine, we can agree to disagree. We both like the same book? Great! Let's talk about books instead.
But nooooo, instead, today, you want to argue. Fabulous. You know what? This, I don't need. Look, you may think you've hidden the attitude well, but you didn't.
I think I crossed the line when someone said, "Hey, Mike, it's not personal" and I answered with "It is now. Go F@#K yourself."
This is why I tell people I have loads of friends, but I don't like very many of them.
I'm going back in my cave.

4 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger ann said...

Mike, doesn't that just p*** you off, and the person I get most mad at... myself. Grrrrr.... the other person is itching for an argument and I always fall for it and it's always the same person. I never learn... doh!!


lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger kacey said...

ooh, honey, you sound like I did Tuesday (and most of the last two weeks)

I hope you got the last word in.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Nomi said...

I'm with kacey. I hope you got the final word, too. I agree with you on the big crowds issue. I don't do well at all in crowds.

Never mind, Mike. Regroup, and then go treat yourself to some sushi from Wang's.
And hopefully I will have a new chapter or two for you after the weekend.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Laura Elizabeth said...

Living in a cave maybe why you've been sick so often. You need a nice, airy place with lots and lots of room to... maneuver.

Your post on blenders... that got me thinking about nice summer time drinks. I'm gonna have to go play now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home