Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Benefits of Therapy

Well, that's not quite how I mean it. If you're friends with your shrink, though, he might consent to make house calls. This becomes weird at one level, because while he will accept beer as a co-pay, he is billing your insurance, and it's apparently physician's privilege to take the comfortable chair and pick the film.
So, I switched off A Chinese Ghost Story and sat through the British version of The Office. Not so bad, actually.
Emil and I agreed that I should not punch immovable objects, that I should maybe get my shit together sometime soon, and that the ending song to the show is pretty cool.
We differed on the idea that I should be more open to discussing my feelings and drink less beer. When he said it was his professional opinion that I should clean up the place and myself a bit, I pointed out that our hour was up.
Back to the beer and foreign films. Sulking in the dark may not be healthy, but there ya go.

19 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Skoda the wise! Hope he helped you!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like Skoda

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger ann said...

sulking, or even skulking, in the dark, watching foreign films and drinking lager .... perfect Saturday night, isn't it. Been there, done that and worn the T-shirt. Better than the expense of a shrink (LOL)

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Mikey Mikey Mikey Listento Emile he is the doc... But only if you want to I enjoy you just as you are.
:)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Sometimes beer therapy is the best therapy.

PS: Did you scare away subway chick?

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Ok Mikey I was having a philosophical discussion with Janice about this and we wanted your opinion Are you a Bimbo????
:)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Define "bimbo," please.
All of the definitions I found began with "female" except for one, which said they were "vacuous."
Do you think I'm vacuous?

Or I suppose you could just ask Goren's partner if I am.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think u are vacuous or a bimbo ;^)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Well, then, you're right!
I'll tag in later for some more correct terms from the person I called to ask what "vacuous" meant - by the way, does it really mean "unusually flexible?"

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all the definitions I found for "vacuous" were not very flattering. Said nothing of being flexible.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Stung again.
Well, as least it's not as bad as the time she told me "bi-curious" meant "hungry."

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bi-curious meant hungry huh? Well, I must say that would probably have made for an interesting dinner now wouldn't it?

So you enjoying your Hobgoblin Ale?

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Yes, I am, even though it won't shut up about how much it loves you.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow! loved by an inanimate liquid that talks. I must say this is a first! Tell it I love it too. ;^)

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I will when I see it again. Give it an hour or so :)

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

when u see it again? I'm thinking eewww on that one. I'm pretty sure the second time it visits will not be very pretty.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Well, you don't buy it, only rent it.
Eew indeed.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Skoda and you conversing with beer and foreign films thrown in. I miss all the good stuff.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger bogusboobs said...

I think a male bimbo is sometimes called a "Mimbo." Back to the dictionary, gumshoe ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home