Friday, December 16, 2005

No Explanations, Just Some Quick Notes

Well, that's just great. Things were actually pretty good for about 24 hours.

Isn't it great that there are psychos out there who help put everything into perspective for you?

Summary of today - roll in late, spend about 5 minutes in the office. Break hand in a few places, some collateral damage to thing in way of fist. Leave.

Walk around for a few hours, then go to ER. Ignore cell phone. Waste time getting stupid cast. Ignore cell phone. Walk around some more. Turn off stupid phone. Get coffee, wonder if I'll really strangle her if I see her. Think about what she said, feel sick again. Start walking some more.

Pause to check in - so, how was your day? - and here we are.

And there I go. I'm going to walk around for a while, until I'm good and ready to go home.

The funny thing about addictions is they go away when you feel ok, and then, when you get hit with everything else, they sneak back into the back of your mind, as a quiet little possibilty. That possibility gets louder, and louder, until it becomes a real plan. Sure, the habit was bad, but it was a comfortable bad, a familiar bad, a bad you can handle.
When I get home later, I'm going to drink for a while until I decide what to do with the phone. I'll say this for KD - she never tried to pull that mothering crap on me.

10 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Don't drink toooo much. :)

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

poor baby :^( hope u r better soon.

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO true what you say about addictions, Mike. Taking anger out on inanimate objects almost always causes injury. Ya gotta find a wall, a bunch of light bulbs and some protective eyewear and smash away.

Have a few if you need the anesthesia, but try not to overdo. You'll only end up regretting it.

As for that sick twitch, eyes and ears open. She will slip up.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger ann said...

Hey you poor baby; you take care of yourself. Do you need some company?

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kate Dobrzynski said...
If you're reading these comments, get off that stinking couch, quit feeling sorry for yourself and call your shrink, jackass.


Who pissed in her cornflakes? Mikey, don't listen to dumbasses like that one, get the bitch- She's done enough damage, it's time she's stopped!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I *never* pissed in her cornflakes. Just on her cat. It was an accident - the damn thing jumped up at the wrong second and....

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Mike said...

No, the asshat isn't about to tell you their real name, I'd bet. Most trolls are cool like that.

KD signs her shit-talking with pride. It's only when she's being NICE that she hides. That's one of her few virtues.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Mike: Please explain your shirt in the picture I posted a few minutes ago on my blog. It is so not like what I would expect you to wear!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Holy crap. I checked, and I gave you an explanation, and then I remembered where I'd seen that thing.

The top photo - How often do you get a shot of the first time you meet someone? I need a copy, asap. Guess what KD's getting for Festivus?
I think the card will read "Nearly 30 years - and you STILL piss me off this much and more."

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Hope you feel better soon.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home