Thursday, December 08, 2005

Deal With the Devil

Or more like one of his lesser minions, at any rate.
I went to bed a happy man. There was peace in my little world, I'd had some very interesting conversations that day, and all was right.
Then the phone rang at an unholy hour. You know how sometimes you just know it's bad news? I didn't. If I had, I would have just tossed it out the window. But no, I answered, and got greeted with "Hello, Logan, you waste of space."

Because the universe is an awful place, it was KD, the ex, calling in the favor I owe her early. After the requisite shouting match, she hit me with the lousy news that she's coming into to town, and she wants to use my place for her Festivus party.

At first, I say no way. What kind of lunatic would I be if I let a roving band of Maenads into my place on purpose? But after she agrees to abide by some basic rules (nobody goes in my bedroom, she's responsible for all breakage and my security deposit and so on) I start to relent. Especially when she mentions something about installing a pole for decoration and dancing, which she'd have removed later so people won't think I'm a sleaze. (To which she says, "You mean so people won't have concrete proof you're a sleaze.")

I say I want someone there to supervise. She says that'll be the bouncer's job. I was surprised that she was being alert enough to hire one, and she comes out with "I'm not paying you."

Well, of course there's more yelling, and she brings up May 27, 1982, like she always does, and long story short, my Festivus is ruined. I'm also going to be on the receiving end of her Airing of Grievances.

And what gave her this leverage? That list. I have purchased it at a great price, although she probably would've found a way to do this anyhow. At least maybe KD will scare Subway Chick off once and for all.

I'll post it up tonight or tomorrow, I promise. Now I'm off for a midnight movie, and a consolatory drink or six.

By the way, today's song was Alison Krauss's cover of the Beatles' "I Will" - but KD once assured me that if I played that for another woman, she would do origami with my favorite bodily bits, which sounded good to me until I looked up the word. Yowch. She would, too. Though she is but little, she is fierce.


Oh, and if you should be on the Festivus card list, make sure I have your email address.

17 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

I have no idea what Festivus is, other than it being a Seinfeld-related phenomenon, but you have my sympathies. And my Sai daggers and Bo staff, if you like. And me to wield them. ;)
(They're legal, I promise. Well, sort of...)

I just don't get why some women have to be such total witches. They give the rest of us a majorly bad reputation.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger penguin_girl76 said...

You have my email and I've thought about what you said and I think I'll pin you to the ground while you air your grievances. sounds like you have more to bitch about than I do and that my friend is saying something. LOL

Wasn't May 27 1982 the last time Jerry vomited?

I'm just a little surprised that she'd go to such great lengths to blackmail you into having a party that was created on Seinfeld.

True. I guess she really doesn't have anything better to do, more than most people. Maybe she's a person about nothing. haha

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Ames said...

Oragami... ouch.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger eliza said...

Must be a U.S. thing cos I have no idea what Festivus is!!

Origami huh? sounds like a woman to stay on the right side of.

Oh and my e-mail is charltoneliza@yahoo.co.uk.

Eliza xx

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Axe said...

Mike, you're welcome to find sanctuary at my place until it's all over (the party, I mean)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Wow. I'm using that "person about nothing" line on her.

For those of you who don't know, here and here are some links.

I don't know much about Seinfeld - I just liked the festival-for-the-rest of us. Any excuse for a party.

As for herself -
She doesn't even hide behind the "witch" euphemism.
In fact, I think she had business cards that said "Wicked Bitch of the East" at one point. Yes, she's been convicted of bitchcraft on more than once occaision.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger eliza said...

Mike: thanks for the link. Looks like fun,maybe!!

Eliza xxx

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

I am not sure whether I am or not on your list by the way but hey here goes DebJWalsh094@aol.com
There now you got it.
:)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

Sadly I remember that episode. I didn't think it needed to become a reality.

When Australians need a reason to celebrate, they have a bbq, Alcohol and food are reason enough. :P

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger ann said...

Oh Mike, you are soooooooooo funny, you crack me up .... have I told you that before? You are the best medicine .... hmmm on the other hand Bon Jovi's Bad Medicine is pretty cool .... sorry getting hot ....

checked out festivus .... loved it, especially the pole and the AOG bit (LOL). where do you find these things?

Just been listening to Jack Johnson ..... now that's romantic; is it too smoochy for you?

you have my email address sweety.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I want on the list, please:
displaced_ny_er@yahoo.com

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Bitchcraft"-Good one!! So why can't she use her own place for this gathering? Dont care who she is, you're not a "waste of space". I'm kinda surprised u would ban drunken women from your bedroom. :)

U have my email address

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Ah Ah Ah Mikey getting yourself in trouble are you?
:)

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Pole? Exactly what kind of party is this going to be? Are you allowed to stay for the... festivities?

e-mail kcbeatles@aol.com

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

include me fayearcane@netscape.net.

And why in the hell did you let your ex write the list anyway? Are you into punishment?

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger penguin_girl76 said...

sorry, wrong date. it was june 20, 1980(the last time jerry hurled that is). so what exactly happened in may 1982? feel free to email me with the details if you don't want it posted here.

Just my opinion but it sounds to me like the next time this person threatens you you should call her bluff so she'll go away because you really don't need soemone like her in your life. If you need help you know we've all got your back. ;-) *evil grin*

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

For the record, my email addy is blucougar57@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home