Thursday, December 22, 2005

What is the Sound of One Head Thumping?

You can hear it all through the Major Case offices. Hell, I think they can hear it down in the garage. They say the devil does have the power to assume a pleasing shape. In KD’s case, this is certainly so.

She’s good, I’ll tell you that much. It took all of an hour to co-opt my partner, and I think Kenny Briscoe’s a goner. She even almost – almost – got me. Again! And I thought I was wise to her tricks by now.

All the way back from the airport - where I might add, I almost didn't recognize the baggage, but the suitcase seemed familiar - she was so charming, and so grateful. Wasn't it sweet of me to let her use my place for her women's foundation fundraiser? How kind of me to make sure there was going to be some form of security there. Isn't it cute how I keep teasing her about being Baba Yaga? It's so nice how you can count on your oldest friends, isn't it? Grrrr.

I think they were expecting a seven-foot tall flame-breathing cloven-hoofed monster, but I was speaking metaphorically when I described her that way. She managed to look much smaller than she really is, almost as old as she is, and combined with claiming exhaustion from being tired from a long flight, she had helpless down to a T.

If she hadn't flipped me off as a "friendly" goodbye before she slammed my own door practically on my nose, I'd have sworn that age had dimmed her infinite vituperative-ity.

The "poor little thing" is resting now. In my bed. If she hasn't sold it to roving Mongols yet. Details later, and I promised Carolyn a list of answers tomorrow. Excuse me as I steel myself for the coming horror. Meanwhile, off to Alex's.

9 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

She is sleeping in your bed, hmmm.
Why won't she leave you in piece, I mean peace. :) Deep breaths, handsome. And behave at Eames.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

By all means follow Faye's advice and behave yourself at Alex's. Maybe if you are good she will share her Skittles with you! :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger bogusboobs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger bogusboobs said...

Many a man has fallen for the Siren's song, Mikey. Get out of the way whilst she seeks her next victim.

All you can do is warn them and step aside.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Mikey :-(

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

stay strong Mikey!!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger ann said...

Hey Mikey sounds like you're getting a little soppy in your old age?

Have fun at Alex

Happy poets day (you do remember what that is don't you?)

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger kacey said...

and now, you figure Kenny & your partner are thinking..."what is he nuts? She's sweet" etc. Meanwhile, you know the truth all too well. I bet your partner trusts your judgement a little better than that though. Kenny, well he'll learn.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger kacey said...

Go down to your local chain drugstore and buy Alex a bag of Hershey's Peanut Butter kisses as a "thank you." Might earn you points.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home