Friday, December 23, 2005

Interview About the Psychic Vampire

Finally, I faced up to the fact that I was not going to be able to dodge Carolyn's questions forever. I started trying to compile a list, right after I got off the phone with the house-pest (thanks, Kacey, for a fitting term.) Say a prayer for Kenny Briscoe. He was last seen carrying an obscene amout of packages, trotting obediently five steps behind the she-demon.

Said demonette, by the way, since Kenny was safely not in earshot, made a rude comment at me about how I shouldn't pick a fight with my barber before or during a haircut, but if I'd decked him after the last one, anyone would understand. Lovely.
You make one simple observation about how they make stuff for crow's feet nowadays, and you unleash the floodgates.

But if anyone has suggestions for questions I should answer, I'll take them. In fact, in order to prevent only presenting my bias, I'll see if I can get her to answer any next week, during the slower bits of the out-of-control-carnival she's orchestrating.

Apparently, this incident-in-the-making really is some sort of art thing/benefit/production, but she said she'll explain right before it starts.
Then she turns around and clarifies that it runs until Twelfth Night, not twelve nights. Because, she says, that way wouldn't make any sense, would it?

But the Festivus part is the one I'm worried about. The fact that she's flat-out called it a "bacchanalia" is so not a good sign. I'm taking off for it fairly soon. A fuller report tomorrow.

Oh, and to what goes on at Alex's? Part of trying to behave in gratitude for sanctuary is respecting the fact that what she wants you to know, she'll tell you. Much as I might like to "high-five" the keyboard.

11 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Bare said...

TRY to behave yourself at Alex's- although I'm sure that won't be happening *winks*

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tell Kenny to run for his life!!!
She got upset about a "crows feet" comment. gee, some people. You're probably lucky she didnt knock you upside the head!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am sure the gentleman in you will shine through at Alex's. :)

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger ann said...

Amy, when you're my age, crows feet is a very delicate and sensitive subject; I should know, I alone keep Clarins & Dior in business.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger ann said...

Mikey, how can the Festivus part not be bacchanalian ~ don't the two go hand in hand?

Wine, women, well, you get the picture.

Here's a question Mikey.

When did you last get laid?

Now don't blame me for this it's Bobby's fault; since he brought up the subject of s-e-x, I can't get it off my mind.

Mikey, Mikey, was that the sort of question you had in mind?

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger kacey said...

maybe I've forgotten my mythology or literature (I'm not even sure which. What is Twelfth Night?

Poor Kenny. Boy Howdy is he in trouble.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger kacey said...

We want to know why you agreed to host this thing(at least, that's the #1 question for me). And you oughtta know that no matter how well adjusted she is, making cracks about a gal's age could have dire consequences. Good Luck, bro.

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Mike: Be good and have a wonderful Christmas, Chanukah (I posted a very nice picture of you in Israel today on my blog) and a safe and healthy New Year. Behave at Alex's house. Don't make a mess or try to eat her Skittles!!!!!! :)

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

" High five the keyboard?" Way to go Mikey by being so discreet. lol

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

You still are being a naughty monkey aren't you? Did Santa leave switches in your stocking?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Faye, I haven't checked. But I sure hope so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home