Monday, April 24, 2006

Still Living

I had an awful weekend. I spent it out in the rain, directing traffic. You heard me. Traffic. Even detectives get dragged out to handle protests and such. It rained, and people still frickin' protested.
Kenny Briscoe got attacked by tourists who watched too many cop shows - and Carolyn, well, I'll let her tell you what happened to her.
It was cold and wet and gross. A sure sign of this was a shop near my house that sells vintage coats at $10 a pop. On days like this, the rack gets cleared out at least two times over. In a fit of nostalgia, I went looking for a shop in St. Mark's place, only to find out that it'd closed five years ago. Five YEARS. Great.
I meant to go to the Met. Museum of Art and hang out at the Temple of Dendur, but it was so foul out that I put on some records and went to bed.

So I hope your weekend was better.

8 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Are my eyes deceiving me? Logan finally posted something?
Good to see you back, partner.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yes, tis me. I have been swamped. Your calls? Damn, this machine must be on the fritz again.
What happened?
We need to go to dinner.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your weekend. Glad to see you back though, I was worried Vandemar and Croup might have found you.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Mike-So much has been going on that I can't remember what I had called you about. Elliot & George helped me through my latest drama, so no worries.
Dinner would be nice. Let me know when and where. Oh and, no surprise visitors this time please. (I'm confident you know what I'm talking about.)

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee what a weekend. But look at it this way...you're still breathing. That's good :)

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Vandemar and Croup? Elliot? You read? Are you familiar with the other works?

If so, we have much to talk about...

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, as a matter of fact I do read. Urban fantasy is actually my favorite genre. Gaimen, Charles de Lint, Emma Bull-I read them all. I'm not just another pretty face.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger NemesisNicole said...

Mikey, have you ever heard of raincoats or umbrellas? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home