Friday, March 17, 2006

I May Be Gone For Awhile If You Need Me

Because it's Saint Pat's! Eames and I are gonna go paint the town green, because it IS the day to be an Irish cop in this town.
In fact, I just did a little step-dance to this song, which you should really hear. Of course, then they said for me to get the hell off the bar, the spoilsports.

The lyrics? Why of course I have them:
What is the malted liquor.(beer)
What gets you drunker quicker?
What comes in bottles or in cans?(beer)
Can't get enough of it,(beer)
How we really love it,(beer)
Makes me think I'm a man,(beer)
I can kiss and hug it,(beer)
But I'd rather chug it,(beer)
Fill my belly up to here,(beer)
I could not refuse a,(beer)
I could really use a,(beer)
Beer, beer, beer.

I can't remember how much I have had,
I drank a twelve pack with my dad, BURP!
That's my son the drunken manly stud,
I'm proud to be his bud,
Here have some pretzels,
No!
I'll call it quits,
Those things give me the Schlitz!

Drink with your family,
Drink it with your friends,
Drink till you're fat,
Stomach distends,
Beer is liquid bread it's good for you,
We like to drink till we spew,
EW
Who cares if we get fat,
I'll drink to that,
As we sing once more.

What is the malted liquor,
What gets you drunker quicker,
What comes in bottles or in cans (beer)
Can't get enough of it,(beer)
How we really love it,(beer)
Makes me think I'm a man,(beer)
I can kiss and hug it,(beer)
But I'd rather chug it,(beer)
Fill my belly up to here,(beer)
Golly I adore it,(beer)
Come on dammit pour it,
Do it for me,
Brew it for me,
Feed it to me,
Speed it to me.(beer)

The most wonderful drink in the world.
Hooray.


We'll be fine. Really. Of course, Alex has already started on the loud choruses of "Molly Malone"....

6 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

So if you're busy with Eames, that means other people you hang out with are available then?

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Yep.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

I hope you and Alex are having a wonderful fun weekend you bot deserve it.
:)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ames said...

Happy (late) St Patty's Day! Hope you had a blast!

:-)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

Boy, are you gonna have a sore head. You better hope no one had a camera. LOL

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True Story:
An Irishman walks into a bar and orders three pints of Guiness and sits in the back of the room drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender asks him, "You know a pint goes flat after I draw it, it would taste better if you bought them one at a time. " The Irishman replies, " Well, you see, I have two brothers, one in America, one in Australia. When we left home we promised we would drink this way to remember the days when we all drank together."
The bartender admits it's a nice custom and leaves it at that.
The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar and always drinks the same way. He orders three pints, drinks them all in turn. One day he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."
The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a lights dawns in his eyes and he laughs, "Oh, no", he says, "everyone is fine. I've just quit drinking."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home