Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lunch with..Rhymes-with-Lunch

Heh. I will forgive my partner for her less-than-charitable remarks about my table manners - can I help it if I really like spaghetti carbonara and sometimes a fork just slows you down? - because the look on her face when our guest arrived? Priceless.
I just enjoyed watching her wriggle, especially when I got him started on the story behind his big campaign, with the vampire syndicate and their shapeshifter minions inflitrating the neutral human kindgom, while the elven empire struggles with their missing prince and the rule of the mad mourning widowed warlock...
He geeked out, she glazed over, but THEN he started talking about all the historical stuff he based it on, with the English civil wars, the reformation in Europe and a war between the Masons and the Merovingians...whoa. She was into it, they had a nice conversation - and I took notes. Hah! I'm gonna hit the library, and my character can finally make his move on the throne!

Help me, I'm a nerd.

10 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey -
I find your interest in role playing games quite endearing. Another side to the Ladies Man, so to speak. And I'm sure Alex LOVES playing some of your games... lucky girl!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

You are a laugh riot Logan. A REAL laugh riot.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Nerd Geeks and All those who survive in those catagories are people to it should never bother us if we come across the fact that we have a little geek in us...Love ya anyway Mikey.
:)

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, geeks should be revered!!

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're so not getting the throne, Mike. no way.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Yeah, be nice to Caro!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I heart nerds. Especially Greg, but lets not go into that...

AWESOME prank Mikey! I am so proud!

Sara

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Mike, it's kinda scary to know what some of the NYPD does on their 'off time'...

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

LMAO! Mike, in light of this revelation, maybe it's time you changed the link name to Bobby's blog... Hmm?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger kacey said...

hmmm. At least we know the Munchkin is still lurking around somewhere. Not like we ever get to hear from the guy.....

As for the RPG-ing - that, in and of itself, doesn't make you a nerd. Mind you, this opinion comes from someone that's been spending her off-hours watching Daria and reading fan-fiction. Anyways....

BTW, I'm a word & book snob too. Looks like I'm in good company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home