Thursday, February 09, 2006

Plots and Twists

Sorry to be gone most of the day. Things are up around here.
Alex got an urge to revisit the Wallace case, which I was intially quite against. The cast comes off tomorrow, and I was really hoping to not hear from that sicko again. Like a fungus, though, you can't seem to get rid of her. If it bothers Bobby, it bothers Alex, and if it bothers Alex, I'm in, I suppose.

Yesterday, Alex decided to snatch the file out from under Bobby, in order to make me look at it, to give it a "fresh perspective." This also meant I had to help her distract him so she could grab it. I tried a bunch of things, including getting him to go to Wang's with me, blaring Panic! At the Disco, and other minor stuff, but in the end I had to use my secret weapon, which was to have a long drink of Diet Coke. Twenty minutes later, when I turned white, started shaking and fell out of my chair, that did the trick. Nothing like having a severe, sudden allergic reaction to draw someone's attention.

I don't think Alex was quite expecting it either, even though I warned her. However, she did manage to swipe the file out of that ratty thing he keeps it in, copy it, and get away clean. Since we've gotten home, I've spent the rest of the time reviewing it and I'm not done yet. I'm still plodding, and this damn headache doesn't help. I don't know how much is residual reaction to the aspartame and how much is Nicole.

12 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hey Liz. Don't like it much myself, but what can I do?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

hehehhe, I would have love to have seen you go into anaphalactic shock just to get a file... Desperate times eh mate. :)

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Sara said...

You induced an allergic reaction to help your girlfriend? Awww, Mikey, that's so sweet!

Sara

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jules said...

And I've had boyfriends who wouldn't even cross the street for me, much less engage in life-risking behaviour to help swipe a file. But oh, woe is you guys if he finds out you touched the precious *file*.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Oh Jules I must agree with you and Dr. Olivet. This can only end badly and Mikey what makes you think he doesn't peek in at your blog. DAH!!! Mikey Mikey You silly boy but such a great boyfriend.
:)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger MartyF said...

Damn, Diet Coke? Best not to let The Evil one know that....

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger ann said...

Are you a masochist or what.... you are one special kinda guy to go that extra mile.

If you can get her sorted great, but I think that if she gets away with murder and Bobby hasn't managed to put her away, then no one will.

Good luck tho'.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

p.s. have a great weekend... remember it's *poets day*

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger aboutnici said...

Darn it, Nicole is like a black widow really to suck people in, including a certian person!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am interested in your opinion on the case. But be careful.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Personally, I think Nicole is fascinating, but she's no good to Bobby until and unless she's behind bars. Help Alex put her somewhere that she can't hurt our boy again. I believe that smart, savvy Alex has been thinking about this case far more than she lets on and would even bet that she's been working behind the scenes to plan how to stop Nicole from messing with Bobby. And, of course, killing anyone else.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

It's not a pretty sight... But hang in there- and get that "thing" off the streets!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Ames said...

Ugh. Wallace. Gross. Please be careful. I'm sure you'll get her!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home