Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hardly Working

When you've got a case, it's all business. But when it's paperwork day, everybody seems to be willing to slack off. Not that I mind, not in the least.

I especially liked that Barek checked out Bobby's blog, because she left on the dancing clips all day, and played this song called "Postcards of Chimpanzees" along with them. If you want a copy of it, email me - she said she'd give me a file. Well, that started a competition to see what song went best with them - they were all pretty funny, but the only other one I remember is "Bust a Move." Anyone else try it? Let me know.

Even Alex was goofing off - she seems to be shopping for dresses for the big party, and I heard her and Carolyn figuring out where to shop. I helpfully pointed out some of the more "cutting edge" boutiques in the village, but she threw a coffee cup at me.

No, I'm not wearing a powder blue tux, and I'm not taking subway chick (I think.) I have a couple hooks in the water, and I have no real problem going alone - I have no plans to leave solo, and that's what counts.

12 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I told Lennie once, and I'll repeat it: I will never pay for it.

Well, straight-up pay for it. Metaphorically, I have paid time and time again.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger eliza said...

Shopping for clothes is not goofing off.It is a very serious business.If you went with them you'd find that out lol.

Elizaxxxx

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Mike said...

First the purse, now the clothes - where are you BEFORE I mess up?

I offered to come with them. They yelled "No" so loud (together, quite in synch.) that it dragged Deakins out of the office and everyone had to look busy for a few minutes.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Adina said...

Dude, I miss one, just one of your cases and I have no idea what's going on. What's with this fire I keep hearing about?

And you know Alex and Carolyn are having a good laugh at you and Bobby when you two aren't looking, right? Some people just never understand... ;)

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

Why don't you wear a dress, go as one of the LADIES ;p

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger eliza said...

mike: busy being a mum!! actually it makes me laugh cos I don't own a dress and G*d knows where my purse is.I usually have a backpack.I think these things are just instinctive to a woman.

Elizaxxx

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger bogusboobs said...

No hookers, and no "barely legal" types. Just find yourself a woman, Mikey. She's going to need to hold her own (conversationally) with your partner and Goren/Eames ... at least until the alcohol really starts flowing.

I hear they have some fine visiting professors at Hudson University ...

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Deb Walsh said...

Hey Alex I am sure it is I am about to launch the post of the week On my blog it will be up by tonight. I hope you all come by and see it.
:)

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Ames said...

Oh snap! LOL Alex!

Barek played "Another Postcard"? By Barenaked Ladies, the absolute best band ever? Those crazy Canadians. I think that song would go pretty well with those clips. Wacky song for wacky dancing, LOL.

Should we expect your partner to start blogging too?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Shake you Booty" by KC & the Sunshine Band came to mind when I saw the clips.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

I found "Pretty Fly for a White Guy"
works with the clips.

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Ames said...

Pretty Fly For a White Guy... Eeeeexcellent...

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home