Monday, January 22, 2007

Carolyn, Part Two

Well.
Someone has NO sense of humor. I bring over TWO seasons of The Office - I had the BBC version, too, just in case she wanted to compare - and did she appreciate it? She did NOT.
I helpfully explained all the jokes and who was what, and what was happening, but she just got a glazed look on her face and offered me another beer.
Well, since it's a great show, I figured she needed time to get it, so two-and-a-half hours went by before I decided we needed to play a drinking game revolving around it. She said "pass" - but I said "Come on, I'll show you!" I made it up on the spot - drink every time something socially awkward happens, every time the boss doesn't get it, every time there's a Jim and Pam moment, every time you hear "Schrute" - you get the idea. She said she'd just watch me play for a bit.
I have no idea what happened after the first episode after that. However, I woke up on her couch on Friday night, and my mouth felt like I'd been eating Cheetos, lint and paint thinner. One of her throw pillows was missing, too.
I think she wants to pick the show next time.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger ann said...

... and you're gonna let her, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home