Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday - barely!

Okay, I am NEVER going into Midtown on a pre-holiday weekend again EVER, unless there's a murder - which, if I have to go, there probably will be.
People with cameras! Everywhere! TOURISTS! This is why I try not to go out during the day! I spent two hours at the Manhattan Mall waiting for the college pal, who was, of course, late. I refused to go around Macy's with the hordes of tourists about, and we headed right downtown.

The less said about the rest of the day, the better - oh, the chocolate tasting was attempted, but my stomach's been iffy. Beer + chocolate = not good. I did something horrible in a hotel lobby, and called it a day.
I think Jaques Torres won, but I'll see about a rematch when I'm up for it. Besides, Beamers was crowded. I hate crowds.

Sooo...party? Munch is invited? I don't think recriminations from last year would be useful to anyone. That was THEN. Why do you bring up old stuff? No coats were harmed in the coatroom incident.

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Well, I don't have a coatroom, I will be locking all of the closets and spare rooms. Not that I don't trust you or anything. ;)

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back. Yours was always the best blog in this ring. I enjoy reading it, even though I don't bother wathching that show anymore! Thanks for the time you put into it, you are a really witty writer, and I hope it rewards you somehow/someday.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Dani Beck said...

Give me Ferrero Rocher any day and I'm happy.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

Mike, dear, you started it with bringing up old news.

Seriously, I get what you mean about crowds. It's the same here in Melbourne at the moment. It's hazardous to your health to venture outside during business hours at the moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home