Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday, Monday - Can't Trust That Day

If Carolyn thought my mood was weird before, then man, will she be confused today.
I'm calling in. I've got a song stuck in my head, for no good reason at all, and I have a puzzle I need to work on.

Maybe I'll go down to the Guggenheim, and try and collect my thoughts. I could stare at The Palazzo Ducale, Seen from San Giorgio Maggiore , which always helps me, if not think, then space.

But I have my phone on. And Carolyn, maybe you should catch me for dinner or something. I owe you an explanation or six, as long as you promise not to hit me, or at least not to hit me too hard.

"That song, tonight, will not go from my mind." -- Othello


I was playing another game
I hoped you'd catch on all the same.

Thought about you all the time,
Walking round the Guggenheim.
Like a rhyme in my mind,
There you are, in my car,
But we don't drive very far....

8 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

As long as you're ditching work you should visit The Met too. There was a goddess there asking for you.
Dinner would be great, I've changed my mind about being nice and going to Wang's though.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Ok, it's on me. You want italian again, don't you?

And yeah, might as well do the museum tour...but I think I may be walking around the park, too.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Adina said...

Why does Carolyn hit you? I'm not saying she shouldn't--sometimes you deserve it--just want to know why.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Mike-Of course I want Italian.

Elizabeth-Mike lies, I do not hit him. I kick him, but only if he REALLY deserves it, which is most of the time.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

LOL
I swear, Captain Deakins must feel sometimes like he's running a day care centre, not a squad room.

Mike, I'm glad you seem to be feeling better. I hope things keep picking up for you.

Carolyn, don't be too hard on the boy. It's a been a rough one for him.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Oh, it is, is it?
Intersting. A cloud passing over a clear, quiet day.
Interesting.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, well, portraits are always a different matter anyway. You want to look at them differently, see into their eyes, the way they hold themselves, see if there's anything familar in there, and sometimes you do get that shock of recognition. Well, some people get it. I normally don't. When I do, if I did, I'd want to see it again.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Sara said...

There are three Vermeers in the Frick museum, across the street from the Met. I personally enjoy Renior more, but what ever floats your boat...

Lol, I missed you Mikey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home