Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sunday Night

Well, that was eventful. A bad cold followed by nearly 72 hours of sleeping. So why do I still feel tired? It's too cold, then it's too hot, and I have nothing to read. My head hurts when I try to watch TV, and even if I felt like going out, I'm not sure I could make it.
Ick. But I feel better.
So, I'm gonna watch Cold Case and Conviction, which I actually kinda like. I got to hear one of the actors, Anson Mount, do a reading the other day. He was good, actually. Very nice guy. The show - people should give it a chance. It needs to hit its stride, and then it'll be great, I think.
However, I was too busy being annoyed that the place I saw him at could run you $20 for a burger after tax and tags and all. That, my friends, on a cop's salary, is not what I like, even if it was a fine burger. Lucky there was a halal falafel guy with a cart nearby, so I was able to supplement that meal.
There you go. Reason number 29 to love New York - eating from carts.
And NO, that is not why I am sick...I think.

6 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger penguin_girl76 said...

I watched the pilot to Conviction and thought it had too much sex in it for my taste. This from a woman who watches the Sopranos. lol

I do watch Cold Case once in a while. I thought Lily was gonna spend her life with her hair in an up 'do. Thanks God they let it down.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Um, hrm...I would...::looks around for Harper::
You do have my number...

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I do.
Don't know where I put my phone, though. I'm gonna be having some beers on my roof. It's a nice night.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and I have nothing to read.
You must be sick. By the way and this is the TRUTH-I was re-reading Anansi Boys last night (preparing for our Gaiman chat) and a spider walked right across the page I was reading. I threw the book to the floor and went to bed. Yes-Stabler was scared!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I have Anansi Boys just sitting there, untouched. It's been there for months, since practically the day it came out.
Now, that should tell you something about this funk.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

As a displaced New Yorker I don't find it odd in the least that you like eating off carts. New York is the one place in the world that you can buy a perfect black and white cookie at 4 in the morning. For me that is reason enough to want to move back home. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home