Monday, January 02, 2006

The Man Who Laughs....

Has not yet heard the bad news -- Bertolt Brecht

Well, well, let's all point our fingers and snicker, shall we?
Hey, I didn't mean for you to do that literally!

Not content with her satirical poem, a certain someone dropped off a printout from a link for me.Here, you can see it yourself; Jody's Garage has seen fit to mock the great tradition of Irish yoga, and not only that, she circled some of the 12 Signs, and asked which I'd been subjected to. Saran Wrap guy's ears do look sorta familiar....

Oh, and there was also the cute little list, culled from a magazine I got a gift subscription to.

You Know You're a Drunkard When
  • Your name is police code for Public Intoxication.

  • Your favorite drinking game is Do A Shot Every Time You Do A Shot.

  • When a panhandler asks, "Can you give me a quarter for some beer?" you reply, "Okay, but I want to taste it first."

  • You know heavy drinking makes you smarter because you can never remember doing anything stupid while blacked out.

  • You've never been to Afghanistan or Pakistan, but you’re a frequent visitor to Imtoodrunktostan.

  • You can tell what bar you're in by the bottoms of their tables.

  • You judge cologne by its bouquet and finish.

  • You forget how pants work.

  • When buying floor tile, you press your face against it to see how comfortable it would be to sleep on.

  • You get into a loud, enraged argument, then realize you're alone.

  • You hate the person you become when you black out, because, you know, that f@cker drinks all your beer.

  • You know that, with a bouncer's assistance, man is capable of short-term flight.

  • You can, in a pinch, construct a fully-operational keg tap from a cigarette lighter, two clothespins and lots of love.

  • You always confuse the words picture and pitcher, especially when someone says, "Hey, take my picture."

  • You wish temperance leagues still sang anti-drinking religious hymns outside bars, because it'd be a very funny thing to watch while getting hammered.
But that's neither here nor there. G'wan, laugh it up.

While she's in a good mood, I guess it's time to mention that I'm dealing with the Discordian the Wednesday night, and she's still invited......I called the vile one late last night to suggest an apology for disturbing the peace. It is never a good idea to wake the demon-queen. She is a evil critter, and that's no lie. Want to know what she said? "You got problems, Logan. You oughta talk to your shrink. Hang on, I'll nudge him awake for ya."
After I finished sputtering, she claimed that she'd already left an "I'm sorry" on the voicemail, but if I preferred, she'd make nicer. Of course, she said, if she could do it in person it'd be more convenient and entertaining, then she trailed off into mad cackling.

I like it better when they're plotting violence. Humor is much more painful and the sting lasts longer.

10 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

so funny!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Faye_Hart said...

Oh, Mikey, we're not laughing at you, we are laughing with Alex. ;)

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Lol @ Faye.

Mikey that drunk list was soo funny, but I am worried about you. You don't really drink that much, do you? I lost a grandfather to liver failure as a result of heavy drinking...

Please be careful!

Love, Sara

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Mikey, I love your dating tips... From now on when I meet a man, I'm going to remember "WWMLD".

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Very funny. I think the ladies have alread given you good advice so I will just say goodnight and continue laughing. :)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Hey, who sold Mikey my video from before we deployed? I think I did every one of those the night before we left.

Too funny, and it's sad because I can relate to all that.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger kacey said...

She IS related to Nicole somehow, isn't she?

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Nicole? What makes you say that?

No. Not even close. She'd say she wasn't even the same species. We're talking about someone who's convinced they're homo superior. Well, she may have been kidding, but maybe not. Come to think of it, she is a bit of a mutant....

KD deals in financial ruin, property damage, and psychological trauma, but all within the bounds of the law, or at least since after 1985. Her criminal record only lists a few customs detentions.

She's never killed anyone - made a few folks wish they were dead, but that's about it.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Axe said...

Well, some fates are worse than death ---like spending time with your parents.

I loved the list!! It made my work colleagues worry. I laugh out loud to myself, while "working". Disturbing, isn't it?

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger eliza said...

I'm sorry Mikey! I was going to be serious for a moment but I laughed so hard I cried.

going to read them again now

eliza xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home