Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Movies, Munch and Mayhem

I'm not even going to bother telling you how the gulag came into the argument. Suffice to say that Munch gets testy and defensive when it comes to films.
He's STILL sulking because nobody went to see Blade II with him, and that was what, ten years ago? So every time there's a movie he wants to see and you won't go with him the same day he decides to go, he gets all huffy and whiny and mutters "Fine. Then I won't see it - just like Blade"
I try to point out that the reason nobody would see that one with him is because it was horrible, but he won't listen to reason. Does it matter to him that he rented it and had to turn it off due to massive crapitude? No, it does not. Pretty much the same thing happened during Daredevil, the movie so sucktacular that I got up and left even though we were watching it at my place. I think Munch and I have got to agree to disagree about movies based on comic books, as we seem to have very firm and divergent opinions. We're not allowed back at the place we saw Spiderman II, and the less said about Batman Returns incident, the better.
Anyhow, we agreed that Supes looked kinda plastic and Lois was a little too youthful. When he pointed out that Superman was really coming off like a super-stalker, I had to agree, and he, in turn, did think it was pretty skanky of Lois to hop into bed with Richard White so quickly that she (and he) could have thought the kid was his. We were in total agreement that the kid subplot was not only heavy-handed but dumb, and the messiah-comparison was sketchy in the extreme. However, when he says that Gene Hackman was a better Lex Luthor than Kevin Spacey, he's just being ridiculous. Hackman was good, great, even, but Spacey was simply the best Lex ever. Okay, hiring Kumar from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle may have been a tactical error, but other than that? Brilliant!
And whatever his (stupid) opinion might have been, he didn't have to dump a large extra-buttered popcorn on my head. I think pouring a slurpee on him was only justified after that - and of course I used his slurpee; I was drinking mine. I don't think I've been madder at him since the Gulag incident, and since that was the case, of course I brought it up, and he trotted out the same pack of lies he always uses about that.
Until he apologizes, he can sit and sulk in his slurpee-covered shorts. If he thinks I'm seeing The Illusionist with him, he's nuts. Well, okay, he's already nuts, but this time, I mean it.

8 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

See, that's why I didn't want to go to a movie with either of you!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

Oh, Mike, I'm glad to hear you didn't waste your slurpee. LOL
I swear, you and Munch are just a couple of big kids. Maybe next time you guys go to the movies together, you should try a little adult supervision.
(Carolyn, you could always bring your gun and cuffs...)

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be checking out the remake of "The Wicker Man" when it premiers in September. I have much better manners than Munch if you want to join me.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I think that's an excellent plan. What did YOU think of Lady in the Water?

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter what people might think of him, Shyamalan can do no wrong in my eyes. "The Village" is still one of my all time favorites. "Lady in the Water?" - great story, and that is what he does
for me, tells a story I wish I had written-not sure it translated to the screen as well as I would have liked though. Thinking of seeing it again.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

Lady in the Water isn't a horror/thriller flick like his other ones, is it? I want to see it, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. Another one to wait on for its release to DVD.
Elliot, I agree with you - The Village was brilliant. I could watch it anytime. What did you think of Unbreakable? It seems like I'm the only person who actually liked that one.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's so time for the two of you to make up. He's driving Fin crazy.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

you two really are a crack. You should only see the films you know you will both like together, go to the other ones with someone else

 

Post a Comment

<< Home