Monday, July 31, 2006

I've Been Profiled!

So, in an effort to keep the library-fine-incident from occurring again, I took at stack back to the library.
The librarian checked them back and looked up at me very, very strangely. I asked her why, and she looked nervous and asked what I did for a living. When I told her I was in law enforcement, she looked visibly relieved.
Apparently, according to the books I checked out, they figured I was either a cop who liked eating and the odd spot of lit theory, or a homicidal english teacher who ate his victims. I don't see why people found that funny - I see what some people do; no WAY am I eating them!

8 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

What book did you check out? "How to Serve Man?"

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Carolyn Barek said...

Or maybe 101 uses for "Soylent Green"?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mike, really, you need to just stop with your canibalistic ways.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you hadn't become a cop, maybe you would have been an English teacher, and who knows where that Gothic, stuffy academic atmosphere might have led your culinary tastes.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger ann said...

elliott... it wouldn't have led him to wangs that's for sure

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

LOL
Mike, how can you not find that funny? Cannibalistic English teacher? I think I may have known a couple of those in my time...

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home