Monday, February 26, 2007

It's Early For You, Late For Me

This is really pushing my theory that it's not tomorrow until you go to sleep. It's 5:25 am, and I have to go to work, but Sunday's not over yet.
Can you believe I was up almost all weekend arguing with someone about a Dukes of Stratosphear album? Un-frickin'-beleivable. I mean, it devolved into personal insults and fisticuffs soon enough, and yes, there may have been some booze involved, but how you can blow off any respectable effort by members of XTC, I will never know.
Surprisingly, it was not Munch, it was a pal of his whose name I didn't catch. I'd tell you what I did call him, but the freckly one has actually put a curse jar in the office, and you won't beleive this, but it does not mean that whoever curses the most wins the pot.
Anyhow, about an hour ago, Munch came out of his bedroom in only his black boxers and told us both to shut the hell up and go the hell home. My eyes are still burning.
I called the girlfriend to tell her what was up, and after she stopped asking what time it was, it happened. Look, I don't expect her to know off the bat who The Dukes of Stratosphear are, but not XTC? How does that happen? She said she didn't keep track of groups who peaked before she was born. OW. Way to start the week!

5 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

you'd hit me for this if you could, but I have no idea who they are either, sorry. Perhaps it's time for you to move into this centuries big hits. :P

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

XTC...? Sorry, Mike, I scanned their song list, and I've not heard their stuff. Willing to try them, though, if you like 'em.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Yes, you should try them...and hey, I listen to modern music! Least I think that's what "Fishtown Briefcase" is - and I tried to see the Po'Girls at the Cutting Room, but I got attacked at the door and ran off.

I'll try to remember to load up an XTC number on this site.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger cathy said...

Depends on where you live.
God bless greece and its midday nap.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger ann said...

ouch, that must've hurt!!!!!!

lotsa luv ann xxxx

p.s. who are they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home